The Réseau Québec maritime has created a label in order to recognize the quality and the realization conditions for research or innovation projects in sustainable and responsible maritime development.
All projects funded by the RQM are systematically labeled. Projects that are not financed by the RQM can obtain a label by completing an application form online. Simply complete the form, part A and B (see below), in which the CV of the principal researcher, a short summary of the project, the list of the members and partners involved in the project, the activities planned in terms of training and knowledge transfer, and an overall budget presenting the financial and in-kind contributions of each partner are requested.
Form – Part A Inscription
Form – Part B Description du projet
- Stratégie scientifique
- Règles générales communes des Fonds de recherche du Québec (FRQ)
- Politique d’éthique et d’intégrité scientifique des FRQ
- Plan d’action pour la gestion de la propriété intellectuelle dans le cadre d’activités de recherche
To obtain the RQM label, the research or innovation project must be carried out in compliance with the following values:
- openness and inclusion;
- integrity and ethics ;
- innovation and excellence;
- interdisciplinarity and intersectorality;
and must also meet the following requirements:
- be in line with the objectives set out in the RQM’s scientific strategy [link];
- be led by a member of the RQM;
- be carried out in collaboration with at least one regular member (rqm.quebec) and an associate member or user from at least one non-academic sector (government, industry, community);
- include a training component;
- have a knowledge transfer plan;
- have strong potential for economic leverage or the development of new partnerships;
- have potential economic and social benefits for Quebec.
Obtaining and maintaining
To obtain an RQM label, simply complete the form (part A and B), in which the CV of the principal researcher, a short summary of the project, the list of members and partners involved in the project, the activities planned in terms of training and transfer of knowledge as well as a global budget presenting the financial and in-kind contributions of each of the partners are requested. The application must also indicate how the RQM values and the criteria presented above are respected.
The application will be evaluated by the RQM’s management committee and the proposals for the award of a label will be presented to the RQM’s management committee. It should be noted that any project funded under the RQM calls or under the Odyssée Saint-Laurent program automatically obtains the RQM label.
For multi-year projects, the promoters will have to confirm, at the end of each year, that the project still meets the values and criteria of the RQM label.
 The RQM subscribes to the ethical rules of research from the federal and provincial funding agencies