Internships and training
Training Session 2019
Data management and Archiving
Why should you participate?
- Because it is everyone’s responsibility to know how to properly prepare, manage and archive data…
- even those who work with someone else’s data or with historical data!
- even those who collect biological data!
- even those who develop models and simulations!
- Because it is an increasingly sought-after skill!
- Because it’s free!
On the agenda
- Basic data concepts: terminology, type and life cycle of data.
- Data management: determinants of data quality and integrity, management plan, practical exercises.
- Archiving and cataloguing: reference platforms and practical exercises.
- Pascal Guillot, Québec-Océan and Amundsen Science
- Colline Gombault, ArcticNet and Amundsen Science
- Philippe Massicotte, Takuvik and Québec-Océan
- Maxime Lévesque, Observatoire Global du Saint-Laurent
- James Caveen, Institut des sciences de la mer de Rimouski
Who can participate?
- All graduate students and postdoctoral fellows who are members of Québec-Océan or the Réseau Québec Maritime
The number of places is limited, priority will be given to members of Québec-Océan and to students and postdocs who are members of the Réseau Québec Maritime.
For more information
- Participants who are members of Québec-Océan in Montréal and Chicoutimi may be eligible for financial assistance to attend the training session in Québec City on October 29.
- All confirmed participants will receive a questionnaire to establish their current level of knowledge with data (beginner, intermediate, advanced) as well as detailed instructions for their preparation for the workshop.
- Information : email@example.com